Sugar & Spice Sangria Original
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes 8 Servings
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ⅔ cup of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 3 lightly crushed cardamom pods
- 1 (750ml) bottle of Torresella Pinot Grigio
- 2 thinly sliced tangerines
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Optional garnish: cinnamon sticks and star anise
- Put the sugar, water, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and cardamom into a small saucepan and stir. Once the sugar has fully dissolved, allow it to cool to about room temperature.
- While the syrup cools down, place your tangerine slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with brown sugar.
- Use a brulee torch to caramelize the tops of each orange tangerine slice, or place the baking sheet under a broiler for three minutes.
- Place the tangerine slices and pomegranate seeds into a large pitcher, then pour in the Pinot Grigio.
- Strain the simple syrup into the pitcher and stir until it’s evenly mixed.
- Chill the sangria in the refrigerator for an hour or more, then pour into glasses and enjoy!