Chicken and Peaches
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 30-35 min
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (can substitute chicken breasts)
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped Vidalia onion
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the oil. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the hot pan. Cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165° F and the pieces are golden brown (about 6-7 minutes each side). Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest on a plate. Cover it to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil. Once heated, add the onion and rosemary. Cook for one minute, scraping the chicken bits up from the skillet bottom. Add the sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and peaches. Let everything simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the peaches are softened.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Using a spoon, generously coat each piece of chicken with sauce until nicely glazed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, top with rosemary sprigs, and serve immediately.