Asparagus and Zucchini Frittata
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise then cut crosswise into half moons, ¼-inch thick
- 6 oz fresh asparagus (trimmed, tips left whole, stems sliced ¼-inch thick on the diagonal)
- 8 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta (6 oz)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For garnish (optional): 6 zucchini flowers, halved (washed, dried, pistils and stamen removed)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Add the zucchini and asparagus to a medium pot of salted, boiling water and blanche for one minute. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and half the salt and pepper. Beat until just blended. Stir in the vegetables. Season the ricotta with salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place a 12-inch ovenproof, nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the oil. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to set up along the edges (about three minutes). Dot with spoonfuls of the ricotta and garnish with the zucchini flowers. Place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the mixture is just set. Once cooled slightly, cut into wedges and enjoy! It can also be served at room temperature.