SWEET & TANGY HAWAIIAN KABOBS
- 1 ripe pineapple, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- mint leaves for garnish
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Metal skewers may also be used.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to medium heat.
- Lightly brush the grill surface with oil.
- Thread pineapple chunks onto skewers.
- One pineapple should yield approximately
- Brush the pineapple kabobs with olive oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, add lime juice, honey and brown sugar.
- Whisk till well blended.
- Grill the pineapple kabobs, turning every few minutes until you achieve nice grill marks on all sides.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning, continuing to baste with the lime, honey and sugar mixture.
- Transfer grilled kabobs to a plate. Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve.