- 3 Thyme Sprigs
- 6.64 oz. (1/2 cup + 1/3 cup) Torresella Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup water with ice
- 1/3 cup White Rum
- 1/3 cup Ginger Beer
- 2 Pineapple spheres and 2 thyme sprigs for garnish
- You’ll need an ice ball mold that creates four 2-½ inch spheres, and a small funnel.
- Take two sprigs of thyme and pull them into smaller sprigs, parting them evenly four ways in the bottom of the ice mold.
- Close the mold top securely, making sure the top edges click shut.
- In a Boston shaker, add 2 cups of pineapple juice and one cup of water with ice. Shake well.
- To ensure that your cubes will freeze easily, measure the juice before pouring and make sure the ratio of iced water to juice is exactly one half.
- Get the small funnel and place it in the first sphere opening.
- Carefully open the shaker containing the pineapple juice and iced water mixture. Using a strainer, gently pour the juice into each circle opening with the funnel guiding the liquid in.
- Clean up any mess around the silicone to avoid making a sticky mess in your freezer. Freeze overnight.
- In a Boston shaker with ice, add three thyme sprigs, Pinot Grigio and rum. Shake well. Open shaker and pour in ginger beer. Stir with a small spoon, or bar spoon if available.
- Grab two glasses — either a wide mouth coupe or rocks glass — and drop one pineapple sphere into each. Using a strainer, pour mixed ingredients over both glasses evenly.
- Garnish with a small sprig of thyme or a pineapple wheel if desired.