ITALIAN PUMPKIN SOUP
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek (cleaned & sliced)
- 1 lb. pumpkin (cubed)
- 3 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 tbsp. salt (to taste)
- 1-2 dashes pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- Optional for serving: handful of sunflower seeds, croutons, or parmesan cheese
In a big pot, add the olive oil and sliced leek, cook for about 2 mins. Then add the cubed pumpkin, potatoes, parsley, salt, pepper and vegetable broth.
Bring it all to a boil on medium heat, then lower the heat and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
Then, pour it all into a blender and mix until it’s nice and smooth.
Pour the soup back into your pot and add the cream, stir to combine and serve with sunflower seeds, croutons, or parmesan cheese.